Course Title: UAL Level 2 Diploma/Award in Creative Media Production and Technology
Course Mode: Full Time
Course Code: MV1CMPT
Entry Requirements: As of September 2017 the entry requirement for Level 2 Creative Media is 3 GCSEs at grade 9 – 3 (A* – D) or above or a Level 1 Pass.
This introduction to creative media provides the knowledge and skills to plan and produce media work across a range of industries including video games, audio production, media industries, Film & TV and digital production. You will have the opportunity to gain work experience, industry talks, trips, expos and more. You will contribute towards the design, production and release of original games, music and film products through our own media company, 5 Star Media CRC. You will have the opportunity to devlop your work to the choice of Xbox, PC, Nintendo, Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, YouTube and more.
This course serves as an introduction to the Level 3 Media courses within Cambridge Regional College and provides an opportunity to develop:-
- Understanding of audio, visual and interactive media production techniques including video production techniques, video editing, audio production techniques, audio editing, print production techniques, image manipulation, interactive design and games development.
- Skills with a range of tools and software, for example, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, GameMaker, Logic Pro, Cameras & Voice Recorders.
- The unique chance to release and showcase your work on a number of different global platforms, such as Spotify, Itch.io, YouTube, Windows Marketplace, Xbox and many more.
- Employability skills, planning and development of an independent project, time management, teamwork, presentation techniques, critical and creative thinking
- English and Maths through vocational assignments, Functional Skills and the GCSE retake programme.
Progression and Career Opportunities
This qualification helps you to progress on to
Level 3 UAL Creative Media Production & Technology Study Programme Specialisms in:-
- Film and Television Production
- Games Development
- Music Production
- Multimedia Journalism
Traineeships, apprenticeships within the wider commercial/creative based industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College.
Please note, in order to progress to the Level 3 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production you are currently required to successfully complete Level 2 UAL Creative Media Production & Technology with a Pass or above.
Attendance at a Welcome Event, attendance to Taster Days and a Reference is required.
Cambridge Regional College, Kings Hedges Road, Cambridge, CB4 2QT
Tel: 01223 418200